Electric Pink she said! LIZARD SKIN!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys/gals it's not a rat but I had to share.....

A customer asked if I could build a bike for her daughter......cool! not problem!

****besides!!!! what you all will want to see is the custom "Lizard skin" seat I'm going to make for this one :shock: :shock: :lol: ******

so I pulled an old wreck from the back shed :wink:

IMG_0457.jpg

can't say for sure just what it is??? but it will do!

So off I went to my trusty Powder Coater! Electric pink I asked

IMG_6550.jpg

out came this pink purple colour! not my colour but man is it nice! :shock:

IMG_6559.jpg

What was nice on this build is that customer supplied all the parts
IMG_6552.jpg

IMG_6554.jpg

IMG_6556.jpg

IMG_6558.jpg

the material arrives next week!

FW

Re: Electric Pink she said!

Looks great! What a neat idea to keep it covered during assembly.............How come I don't think of stuff like that? :lol:

How come the pink frame is not the same blue one you started with. Ha you didn't no one noticed it did you. :mrgreen:

tnt1 said:
How come the pink frame is not the same blue one you started with. Ha you didn't no one noticed it did you. :mrgreen:

How come I don't notice stuff like that?

KOTA said:
tnt1 said:

How come I don't notice stuff like that?

I noticed that too but figured it was just the angle of the pic or something

The blue one has a three piece crank and the pink one dont and the seat post mount is totally differant :mrgreen:

for the life of me I can'nt find the original pic of the bike before I powder coated it ???? :(

No matter :wink:

The customer said go wild on the seat so I ordered in pinky purple Lizard Skin!! :mrgreen:
CLUE2002.jpg

its hard to see all the detail in the material but it has a real cool pattern!

using the pattern in the material I centered it so that the back of the lizard was in the middle of the seat

CLUE2005.jpg

CLUE2003.jpg

A little of extra foam work for life
CLUE2006.jpg

And ther you have it!! :shock:
CLUE2010.jpg

I like it!

CLUE2011.jpg

CLUE2018.jpg

CLUE2016.jpg

CLUE2019.jpg

the material is a little hard to lay on a curve but with a little help it turned out just fine

FW

That seat looks really great. What type of machine do you use to stitch it together? The only machine I have that's tough enough for upholstery work is a 1940's Kenmore with a 1.5 amp motor. Seeing those great seats reminds me that I really need an industrial.

thanks guys! Oh and Steve sorry that I have not been around :cry: you know how it is with kids...busy, busy. I now have some time and some great bikes that I want to build. stay tuned

just to let you all know it's not real Lizard skin :lol: its just vinyl, with a pressed lizard imprint...and it looks great! Only Croc looks bad :?

my supplier now has Lizard, Snake (the red one with black leather looks unreal) , Croc, Ostrage, and Checker plate (checker plate .....hhhhhmmmmmmmm....I think I have an Idea)
they also come in many different colours :mrgreen:

FW

Back