Elevated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not the most practical place for it! To be honest, I'll likely never use the lower holder, one bottle will be plenty for where I plan to ride it.
ya best to hunt down one of those. old 90's water bottle Mount night Rider type bike light kits. mount the battery there and run the light on handle bars.
batbot.jpg

flamehd2.jpg

Simply, wow! Kudos on this vintage mtb RecreATion!

Here's my favorite part right now.....

View attachment 233783

Dirt stuck to the tires! Ride Video - Ride Video - Ride Video~ ! :nod: :nerd:
Thanks so much.

Raining here today, so the test ride for the new wheels was in wet conditions. I'll organise a ride video in the dirt😉

Very nicely done!

Looking at the design of your bike, I wonder why the brake and gear could not on the lower part of the frame, as a more direct route between the front and back. I have never really thought about it before...

GTH, I can't not like this enough!! And that's not a double negative; it's a triple positive! :inlove: :bigsmile:

Do you have an old wooden barn wall or a monochromatic background that you could put the bike in front of, so we can see that cool paint and awesome detail you have put into this build? You've got over a month yet to find one. Keep those photos coming! How does the suspension stem feel on the rides?

Very nicely done!

Looking at the design of your bike, I wonder why the brake and gear could not on the lower part of the frame, as a more direct route between the front and back. I have never really thought about it before...
Thanks,

There is no reason you couldn't run them on the down tube, and clean up the top tube. May get in the way of frame decals?
On this frame, I wanted to utilise the factory cable guides.
But I do have another identical frame I would like to do a resto mod build on, either 27.5 or 29. So would move the canti mounts anyway. I could use your idea for that build.

GTH, I can't not like this enough!! And that's not a double negative; it's a triple positive! :inlove: :bigsmile:

Do you have an old wooden barn wall or a monochromatic background that you could put the bike in front of, so we can see that cool paint and awesome detail you have put into this build? You've got over a month yet to find one. Keep those photos coming! How does the suspension stem feel on the rides?
Thanks for the love.

I need to find a location to shoot both my class 1 and class 2 builds. I like the barn suggestion, it could help show up the colours.

The stem is a totally weird, crazy experience. Given the pivot location, it feels like the bars rotate, rather than move straight down. Easy to get used to, but unusual to begin with.

Yup, I remember that feeling from one I tried back in the day. It wasn't the Girvin Flex-stem or a Breezer Softride, it was a Trans-X or some other brand. It felt like your hands were rolling forward as much as down. It didn't stay on my bike very long, felt like I didn't have the control I needed for windy singletrack.

UPDATE: Wow! I just Googled "Vintage Mountain Bike Suspension Stem" and found it for sale on the 'bay! This is the one I had. That's crazy!

suspension stem.jpg

Yup, I remember that feeling from one I tried back in the day. It wasn't the Girvin Flex-stem or a Breezer Softride, it was a Trans-X or some other brand. It felt like your hands were rolling forward as much as down. It didn't stay on my bike very long, felt like I didn't have the control I needed for windy singletrack.

UPDATE: Wow! I just Googled "Vintage Mountain Bike Suspension Stem" and found it for sale on the 'bay! This is the one I had. That's crazy!

View attachment 237782
The one in using is the same Tranz X stem

Latest posts

Back