Elgin Black hawk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up on ebay last night. It has a repair on the top tube but, to me that just means that this bike is a rider and not a museum piece. Anybody have a tank for this? The rattier the better. I would like to keep it black and use the orange accent color that was available on the originals.
elg74a2.jpg

elg74a3.jpg

elg74a4.jpg

elginBH.jpg

A few months ago a blackhawk tank sold on ebay for $300 and that's dirt cheap. You'd be better off just making one out of a thin guage sheet of steel. I love blackhawks, I've got a feeling that this build will be a good one.

that is a sweet frame and i have never seen one. always wanted an elgin

one sic lookin frame. really like the way the bottom curves and the top tubes, never seen this before. another b/t?

Outlaw 8)

The boardtrack implications for that frame/bike are so great, it's begging for a set back, low seat.

swoooOOOP!

OOO! SWEET! That musta set ya back a few shekels!! Blackhawks are cool, though my ultimate Deco-era bike is the Elgin Bluebird! Not that I'll be owning one anytime soon, unless I win the lottery... ~Adam

Back