Elgin Board Track Racer, she's finis!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I am throwing my hat into the ring!
This build-off just looks like too much fun & I'm going to be building this anyway ... So why not join in.
This bike has not even arrived yet so I am a bit behind, but I do have a clear vision.
Thanks to ratrodz for lining me up with a nice specimen.
Disclaimer: (No original parts will be hurt, discarded, nor sold, in the making of this ride).
Stay tuned.

Nice starting point, looks like a 41 or 42.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great bike to start with!

I agree that it was a great bike to start with.
During negotiating purchasing it we had discussed just selling me the frame, tanks, fork, truss and seat post, but I could not bring myself to part out a bike so intact after all these years. Not shown was a set of original Elgin wheels that need cleaning up as well.

Nothing that I do to this bike will alter it in an un-reversible way.

A nother Elgin curved bar ! These are Beautiful bikes. They are comming out of the would work this year . But there ain't nothing wrong with that . [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome bike! Someone went a little over board with the blue though (for my taste), I hope that is something you plan to change.
Indeed! Someone definitely liked the blue. Even the crank arms & sprocket are painted.
i imagine it will be here next week and I can get a real good look at what I'm working with.

Something old, something blue....something...RAT! Welcome to the fray! Great start.

Ok, I am throwing my hat into the ring!
This build-off just looks like too much fun & I'm going to be building this anyway ... So why not join in.
This bike has not even arrived yet so I am a bit behind, but I do have a clear vision.
Thanks to ratrodz for lining me up with a nice specimen.
Disclaimer: (No original parts will be hurt, discarded, nor sold, in the making of this ride).
Stay tuned.
Stone grill.
Back drop for this pic.

Heck the bike is already a winner! Spin the seat post to move the seat back, get the blue paint off of the chain wheel, add some paint work and some pinstriping bada boom, bada bing! DONE.........:cool2:

Latest posts

Back