Elgin ID please!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Model No. 501-175
Serial No. F7646

Any info including which of the three Elgin Makers made this particular one would be neat. Thanks all!

Sorry for the glare off my mudflap..
full_zps8bcwf8jz.jpg

11066523_10206353200498542_7226581578594584677_n_zpsggjbfnhy.jpg

My first Sweetheart ;)
sprocket_zpskechtkmc.jpg

Thank you Walker! Any base idea on year or are we only able to determine 39-44?

Hah. alrighty, well its a jumping base to begin with anyhow. Westfield is good news for me, makes two I have out of Massachusetts now :)

Tried running the numbers based on the CABE's information ., and it reads like korean stereo instructions :/ Elgin is a seemingly difficult thing to self research.

Hah. alrighty, well its a jumping base to begin with anyhow. Westfield is good news for me, makes two I have out of Massachusetts now :)

Tried running the numbers based on the CABE's information ., and it reads like korean stereo instructions :/ Elgin is a seemingly difficult thing to self research.
Agree on the CABE information--however it is probably the best out there since there are no real records. There is another site that can help, they will use your pictures and information--a bicycle archive museum. Have you tried typing in the exact serial number on the CABE--it worked for me once and sure enough a bike I owned popped up when 2 owners before me were trying to date the frame--so to speak. I have found some photo comparisons work pretty good as well.

Thank you for the Infos, Chief! I'll dig into the links and suggestions offered

Thank you for the Infos, Chief! I'll dig into the links and suggestions offered
No prob--been steered the wrong direction buy a seller once--after I bought a 39 CWC, starting digging and found it was a 51 CWC--he did a great job of having some 39 items--sprocket/chain, stem, truss that confused me. Was still a great bike, just a different history than I thought--long been resold now.

Thanks Walker, Chief. You fellas are pretty quick with the info! And Chief! Im glad to see you posting more,. good to have you a part of it all!

Thanks Walker, Chief. You fellas are pretty quick with the info! And Chief! Im glad to see you posting more,. good to have you a part of it all!
Just very busy doing the downsize remodel which is sucking all my time--but, to start my day the morning ritual is tea and ratrodbikes. As soon as I finish the remodel I have a couple of bike projects sitting around that will get some attention.

Latest posts

Back