Elgin late 30's early 40s

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Picked this up today. Its been on CL for awhile, the guy finally dropped his price so I figured I'd pick it up. Defiantly needs some work but I like these frames. Not sure what is all original on this. The fork was added from the owner but it looks right compared to the one when he bought it. Pretty sure the crank/chainwheel, elgin wheels, truss, stem are right. I havnt found any pics of these with this tank or cross bars, grips say Columbia. Any buddy know who made these frames, Westfield? Or Date? Any info appreciated. Thanks

Sanded alittle more and looks like there is a F before the numbers. From what someone else said on another forum F would make it a 41 I guess.

Cool find. Tank is a Schwinn, frame is Westfield, like this 1941:

2014-02-03_003.JPG

fork looks like 1939 Snyder, like on this bike:

2014-01-19_005sm.jpg

Fenders look Snyder too

Yeah after looking at more pics I could tell the forks were wrong. Thanks for the info. So what kind of schwinn is this tank from?

I actually bid on that yesterday went all the way to 44.00 bucks and shipping is $30 so I didn't wanna pay too much and it just kept saying I was out bid. Obiviusly they just bid on their own stuff so they get more for it. What is the max you would pay? Especially now that I have fenders on the way. I really don't wanna spend too much. I wasn't positive if it was 26 inch either cause it says it's off a women's bike. Do you think these should work for me?

It doesn't seem to be relisted so maybe someone got it, it says bidding has ended when I click on the link. I'll just keep looking. Let me know know if ya come across one. Thanks for all the help

It doesn't seem to be relisted so maybe someone got it, it says bidding has ended when I click on the link. I'll just keep looking. Let me know know if ya come across one. Thanks for all the help

Yeah, you could contact the seller and see if they still have it, make an offer.
Seller isn't me, just from my experience.

Alright I'll try that. Hey I have one other question for ya. On that other thread with the late 30s wards. So what's the difference between that bike and a zep? I'm just curious. Sorry to bombard ya with all the questions haha

Latest posts

Back