ENGINE No.9

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ENGINE No.9 is all finished. It's a tribute to firefighters all over the world that risk their lives for all of us everyday. I tried very hard to capture the essence of a fire truck in bike form. It has most of the hardware a fire truck would have including a working fire hose with deck gun mount, flashing emergency lights, a very loud siren and an even louder air horn. The front and rear springer set ups were custom designed by me using the the parts from a Schwinn style 20" springer fork, those in conjunction with the low gearing and heavy duty springer saddle makes No.9 ride really nice. There are really too many features to list so please check out the build thread, it covers the fire hose and other things in more detail.

If you would like to see some videos of No.9 demonstrating the lights, siren and fire hose please follow the links below.
Lights and Siren- http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv152/fenderhole/?action=view&current=sirens.mp4
Fire Hose- http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv152/fenderhole/?action=view&current=engine9.mp4

The link to the build thread also has some great additional pictures and of course documents No.9's evolution from beginning to end.
Build thread- http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26185

Here are the final pictures, i hope you enjoy them!

no9-1.jpg

no9-2.jpg

no9-3.jpg

no9-4.jpg

no9-5.jpg

no9-6.jpg

no9-7.jpg

no9-8.jpg

no9-9.jpg

no9-10.jpg

no9-11.jpg

no9-12.jpg

no9-13.jpg

no9-14.jpg

no9-15.jpg

no9-16.jpg

no9-17.jpg

no9-18.jpg

no9-19.jpg

no9-20.jpg

no9-21.jpg

no9-22.jpg

no9-23.jpg

no9-24.jpg

no9-25.jpg

no9-26.jpg

no9-27.jpg

no9-28.jpg

no9-1.jpg

no9-29.jpg

Finally I would like to extend my most sincere gratitude to the firemen at Station #10 in Richmond, VA. They really loved the bike and were more than happy to let me take all the above pictures at their firehouse. Thanks guys, i did it for you...

I'd also like to thank my LBS; Richmond Recycles for providing me with many of the parts used super cheap! You guys rock! :D

CLAP CLAP CLAP...Very nice man! Very Nice.
What are you going to do with it now that it's done? Any special destination or...

Watch out!.....Fire Depts. all over America will want to order one. It's more then a "theme" bike. It looks like a piece of appaRATus.

one of the first builds i watched closely and seriously absolute greatness, really even if u dont win that bike is an absolute beaut, great job

although not a bike i would personally think of doing this is a great example of sticking with a theme and not only carrying it out but with such a high level of build quality. every detail on this bike from what i can see is done and finished to a very high level. having the working hose is amazing as well great build i know it will do well it is on my short list for sure

wow! :shock: absolutely perfect! i'm completely blown away by the details you've put into this bike. a definite winner in my book and probably the coolest bike i've ever seen! :D

wow
:shock: :shock: :shock: top three so far....very nice.

Latest posts

Back