Ever see a bike like this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I special ordered this bike back in 1987 (I think) when I worked at my LBS. She has been through several sets of tires, 3 seats and a couple different bar wraps. The Look pedals are also mid 80s (first clipless look pedals?). I have been keeping an eye out for another one like it and have never seen one. I do see lots of Nishikis but, none with this frame design. The bike has Suntour components and Tange no.1 tubing. She now spends all of her time on my trainer. The seat was a Christmas gift from my wife Amie. :D
Picture187.jpg

Picture188.jpg

Picture189.jpg

Wow...that's an ultra sweet road bike....LOVE the color combo and the matching bar tape.

Is it a 54cm frame?

If it could talk it would say....."LLLLLLEMMEEE OFF DIS TRAINAH!!!"" :lol:

wow, it matches the carpet perfectly! bet your wife loves that... :roll:
Just kidding ya, im a "house geek"
I really like the bike!

I'm trying to learn to guess frame sizes by looking at the head tube....kind of like the guy who guesses people's weights at the carnival. :D

They lock into the bottom of the shoe, but don't have those big chrome clips that come up over the toe of your shoes like the old days.

that's a beauty - so 80s with that paint scheme. I'd throw a whole new groupo (9 spd brifters) on that puppy and ride it on the road more.

heres mine its pretty similar in the frame design well it was mine i switched to a different fixie and sold this one
fixie012.jpg

fixie013.jpg

fixie014.jpg

Do you have still have the mullet and spandex to match? Just kidding of course, cool bike, I think you've had that longer than any of the other bikes and this is the first time I saw it.

"Over weight 40+ year old men should not wear spandex in public (just my opinion)!"

I agree! A couple of the guys I go mountain biking with wear them...I just can't do it. Might as well wear a Speedo. :mrgreen:

Absolutely beautiful Nishiki by the way.

here's me racing in '93 spandex and mullet woot!

1444187884_113ea2bf6f_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back