EZ Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
EZ Rider, not to be confused with my Easy Rider Schwinn Stingray from 10 or so years ago. This is the smaller brother of what the Ratcumbent started out as and I will be going an entirely different direction with it. Due to a shoulder injury, I can no longer ride a diamond frame bike of any kind.
IMG_9379.jpegIMG_9380.jpegIMG_9381.jpeg

My completed entries over the years were

Easy Rider,
Peace, Love and Choppers, and
Ratcumbent.

Ive tried a few others and did not finish

the seat frame is broken, I have another along with several other upgrades. I have a few more things to get yet

I've always felt that recumbents open up a broad range of build options. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

Since you've built one in a Build Off before, I guess you would be the 'incumbent recumbent'. No political 'inclination' intended. (build off bike style pun intended)

Looking forward to your take on this!

RaT oN~!

My first idea didnt work. I wanted to use a double leg kickstand from another bike but its cut too short and wont reach the ground. So its still going to be stored on the trainer until i can get another one. I want to be able to lift the rear wheel off the ground on the road at all times and especially if I get a flat

Attachments

• IMG_9390.jpeg
    IMG_9390.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I Have a 20 by 3.0 slick but my chain wont clear. I stuck a 20 x 2.125 on the rear and the chain barely clears it in first gear. This is as wide as I get to go with replacing the dried out 1.75. Also put the cross pedals ive been saving forever

IMG_9391.jpegIMG_9392.jpegIMG_9393.jpegIMG_9394.jpeg

How much longer do the kickstand legs need to be? Maybe rubber feet might make up the difference.

How much longer do the kickstand legs need to be? Maybe rubber feet might make up the difference.
Quite a bit. My local shop carries them so I will get a new one. When I put it on my touring bike, i had to cut several inches off so it wouldnt sit too high. Im guessing out of the box will be perfect for a new one.

Sorry, no time to make it to my storage shed or the local bike shop. But I did manage to repurpose the exhaust pipes off the wheelbarrow. Cleaned them up with an SOS pad and they are on. I need to combine parts from the two seats I have. One is cracked on the base, the other on the backrest

enjoy the pics

IMG_9442.jpegIMG_9443.jpegIMG_9444.jpegIMG_9445.jpeg

..." But I did manage to repurpose the exhaust pipes off the wheelbarrow. "... I know for sure I have never heard those words uttered before! :rofl: Even on this site, where we've seen and heard just about everything!! :nod::wink1::bigsmile:

Latest posts

Back