Fair price?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
May have a Chance to make an offer on this frame. Any idea of the year or fair offer price?

5K85F45Mb3L53If3Nfc4e540753ee6ae01f3c.jpg

I'd do the same, start out at $30 then go up. I'd pay as much as a $100 if I really wanted to build it to keep but thats getting in deep. Looks like it's seen better days. Availability is everything!!

Offer $30 then $50 :wink: If you really want it, $100 is still worth it :D

Well it was about a 60 mile round trip to pick it up so with gas included I know I paid too much for it BUT... In my neck of the woods, it seems that frames get snatched up quick and are hard to come by. At any rate, I plan to ride it myself and not flip it. Forks bent up pretty bad and it has a weld repair on it. Gunna be a rat for sure.

IMG-20120426-00619.jpg

If you're at $100 or less,you're OK,I think,as far as price goes in terms of re-sale of parts.The tanks don't look too dented and those Monarks
are becoming more desirable as Schwinn prices keep climbing ever higher.As for a "builder" for your personal use,I'd suppose whatever you are comfortable with spending is what you'd have to decide.The pleasure of the build,the hunt for parts & goodies,that first ride or bar hop,
your pals eyeball'in it for the first time...PRICELESS!!! To paraphrase Ian Gillian (DEEP PURPLE) "Its not the kill,its the thrill of the chase".
Good luck...keep us posted...just so you know,that is a mid-weight frame (I have one just like it,mine's a '58) so keep that in mind while you're choosing your wheel/tire/fender combination...P 8)

Open that tank and see what's in there! The metal on the tank is probably easily tapped out. If you know anyone that does auto bodywork, they can show you,or tap out those dents very nicely. You may want to keep that original paint job, I'll bet it shines up great.

Anyway, that's a great bike to work with. It's looks like a Columbia frame.

Its a MONARK built bike...I have one...the truss rods did the tank damage...P 8)

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! I paid 75$ for it so with gas i am under 100. The elderly gal I bought it from was not budging under the 75$ mark. OH WELL...I did a little e-bay magic and sold some odd junk laying around to fund it so my wife never saw a penny move :D . My plans are to shine her up with paint "as is" and start putting some parts on her to make a solid rider. Of course it will just sit until may first!!! :D

Latest posts

Back