Fast Enough, After All...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow! I can't believe I actually made it! I started on Thu Oct 22, 2009 and finished Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:39 am. I wasn't able to bring all my ideas to fruition...But there's always next time! And I owe a special thanks to my very patient and tolerant wife, Kelly for putting up with my obsession, and letting me finish in the breezway/computer room this weekend! :roll: My build thread can be found here:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=21122&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

From humble beginings:

IMG_0897.jpg

To:

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

I've gotta say (imho) that I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Especially given that this was my first build! Sorry, no cool backrounds for the pics...I'll have to let it speak for itself. I've still got a few more ideas for it, that'll get worked out over time...I learned ALOT about bike building and I'm already dreaming of my next build! Thanks Rat Rod and all my new-found friends for for a great community of VERY talented and creative people!

Markm said:
SWEETT!!!
I wanna ride it, I wanna ride it!!! :D :D

Love it a bike from my childhood just a 1000 times better. Im a sucker for a tall sissy bar and a banana seat. The yellow forks worked out perfectly. Oh and I AM close enough to come see it and ride it .....how much are rides....lol....PERFECT X...
Terry

Haha! Thanks Terry! You're welcome to come by anytime. Maybe we can get something together with Markm this summer! :mrgreen:

Oh yeah!......Banana seat, 36inch sissy bar, ape hangers.......I GONNA STEAL IT!....Nice job!

KOTA said:
Oh yeah!......Banana seat, 36inch sissy bar, ape hangers.......I GONNA STEAL IT!....Nice job!
That's a long way to drive...Send me a check and I'll ship it to 'ya! :lol:

Skipton said:
Looks so nice, great details, colors awesome :wink:
Thanks! I wasn't sure how it would turn out, since I was using rattle cans... I was gonna clearcoat it, but now I'm glad I didn't because I put a few nicks in the finish during final assembly that needed touch-up.

baalberry said:
Great job!! What a change! Should be a fun ride!!
It is! I can't wait to ride it to work!!

Latest posts

Back