fastback rat/custom from a newbie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first thanks to rat rod for photo help. so i got into this bike talking to a bike guy hes anti schwinn and long story short i bought a 73 fastback complete missing shifter front fender and chain gaurd i was just going to get it together and use as a pit bike then he told me about this site i was already taking bike apart to paint and decided that i would make it my own so i smoothed out the frame with plastic filler the most noticable area is the head tube and bottom bracket the hiden stuff not visable to everyone are the manufacturing marks on the fork and rear bars (little hatch macks from tube benders and such) then primed and painted frame fork head badge seat post seat clamp and bolt and the inside of rear fender(it was rusty inside so what the heck)also the rear fender support and chain gaurd (ebay buy)i painted it a new jeep green looks like a candy the wheels are at the bike shop getting a couple of spokes and trued up i finally won a ebay shifter (4 trys and lost )it a 66 stik shift so all i got left is regreese and assemble everything still need new brake and shifter cables and a chain might do something with the seat its black non orginal bannana so here are some of pics of frame in primer and painting in the booth.any how more photos to follow
primersmoothedframe-1.jpg

headtubesmmootttthhhhhhhhhhh.jpg

BICYCLE20LOVER200141.jpg

paintingframe.jpg

parts.jpg

more.jpg

unpainted.jpg

nice color indeed !!! :shock:

oh and sorry if i beat ya on one of your bay shifter prospects :oops: im a sucker for BIN's

thanks .more photos to follow.cant wait to assemble super busy but i want to get it done with in a week or two. :D

direct connection

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Back