Fat Fink II - Bye Bye Fatty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fat Fink II - 05/11 another Savannah Ride

Bill in Houston said:
i love that bottle cage on the bars.

That's my Two Fish "water" bottle holder. It's awesome and easily transfers from one bike to another with velcro.
31l1RsosjVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

They cost around $15 and are very well made.

cool pictures of your bike and your town!

Re: Fat Fink II - 6/1 Concert

The art college (SCAD) had their graduation concert in the park, so I sat with some friends and watched some of it.

Fisch said:
Fun for me to see all these scad photos, since the wife and I graduated from there. Man you are making me want one of these fat bikes!

Did you ever tell me you went to SCAD before? If so, it slipped my mind. That's pretty cool.
I have had a blast with my beast and it gets around so much easier than Fugsley.

love the thread! glad to see you are so much fun with the Beast. I also like your Koi pond. The sidewalk art show was great and think my favorite was Calvin and Hobbes. We may have to try and get down there next year and catch it. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Fat Fink II - 8/11 Chopper + ValcoBabyBeviBuddy

Rapidray said:
love the thread! glad to see you are so much fun with the Beast. I also like your Koi pond. The sidewalk art show was great and think my favorite was Calvin and Hobbes. We may have to try and get down there next year and catch it. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks man! Even though it's a cheap WM bike, I get a kick out of riding Fat Fink II. It's been covered in build off stuff for the last 3 months as I worked around it while I built Firewing. Now that I can come up for air and especially after seeing the fun that Albert been having on Highcycle, I took FFII for a ride yesterday.

Give me a shout if you head down this way!

Colonial Cemetary
WP_002644_zps47ceddf2.jpg

Wicked chopper "Hellride"
WP_002642_zps10cc487a.jpg

WP_002643_zps476d3417.jpg

WP_002639_zps391c278d.jpg

WP_002640_zps16364668.jpg

WP_002641_zps684f7334.jpg

WP_002637_zps3ec32603.jpg

WP_002636_zps54675a65.jpg

On a lighter note, I saw this nice looking Brooklyn Cruiser city bike. It has a sharp looking head badge too.
WP_002635_zps632a67a1.jpg

You may have noticed that I have a new beverage holder too. I bought it at a yard sale yesterday for a buck. It's actually meant for a baby stroller, but it is built tough! Great adjustments and I love how well it held my "water" bottle and how easy it was to slide it in and out.
WP_002643_zps476d3417.jpg

Turns out is is a Valco Baby Bevi Buddy (say that 6 times). I guess Mom's need a Cold Bevi now and then too. :wink:
http://www.justkidsstore.com/prod/valco ... icegrabber
2278_black_1330.jpg

Took Fat Fink II out for a ride today. I've said it many times, that you never know what you might see in Savannah.

Came across this new Pedicab that was trying to find the right place for the Bride and Groom to start their ride after they finished getting married and taking photos at the Forsyth Park Fountain
WP_20131013_16_50_29_Pro_zps327f915c.jpg

Earlier I had passed some people that looked like they had just left ComicCon. Turns out this CosPlay girl was doing a documentary on CosPlay. Couldn't resist getting a photo of her with Fat Fink II.
WP_20131013_16_52_25_Pro_zpsc7fd56fe.jpg

Re: Fat Fink II - 8/11 Chopper + ValcoBabyBeviBuddy

kingfish254 said:

That "Sissy bar" gives me ideas. Awesome!

Decided it was time to sell my fat bike.
Removed the Rat Fink seat and grips along with the pedals and big apes and stem.
Replaced them with an appropriately fat exerciser saddle and regular bars and pedals.
Then went out for one last ride. This bike is still so much fun to ride. I hope I don't regret selling it.
Love how the tires floated the bike in this fountain.

WP_20150829_13_54_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20150829_14_36_46_Pro.jpg
WP_20150829_14_37_05_Pro.jpg
WP_20150829_14_37_40_Pro.jpg

Saw the new owner riding it around a couple of nights ago and he loves it.
No regrets. Another happy customer.

I can always just add $10 to what I sold it for and buy another new one at Walmart. :D

Latest posts

Back