Fat Frank Fitment Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I borrowed this pic off the site. I have one of these bikes just like this. I am wondering if I'm going to be able to fit Fat Frank 26 x 2.35's on the S-2's and still using the fenders and truss rods without any problems?
Bicycles007.jpg

I havent done it the Franks and that exact model of bike but I put 2.125s on my girlfriends bike and it took a little fender massaging to keep things from rubbing. Franks maybe too far.

Ichoptop said:
I havent done it the Franks and that exact model of bike but I put 2.125s on my girlfriends bike and it took a little fender massaging to keep things from rubbing. Franks maybe too far.

Not sure why you would have to do any fender massaging with 2.125's on your GF's unless it's a middleweight? Mine is a Balloon Tire model and came with 2.125's. I'm more concerned that I don't know much about the modern tires of today like the Fat Franks. I realize they are a tad bigger and I'm also concerned that often tires other than "Schwinn" tires would not fit the S-2 rims. I know there are issues with some tires not fitting S-7 rims and I don't know if there were also issues with S-2's.

OK, let me change the question to something a little different. What kind of modern tires are you guys using on you Schwinn "Balloon" tire bikes that have S-2 rims and stock fenders besides NOS tires or old Typhoons?

I've got fat franks under my Schwinn middleweight, it's tight but fits. You won't have any problems fitting them where a 2.125 used to be, my friends and I have them under quite a few different ballon tire bikes.

Oh, and the S2's are just like any other 26" wheel. It's the S7's that are unique.

Latest posts

Back