Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my Felt Bandit out for ride yesterday.

The fork legs have been chopped.

Running:

• Sturmey Archer SLS3H thumbie shifter, SA designed the SLS3H to work with the Nexus 3.
  • 185mm Profile cranks, they double as a kickstand & they do scrape if you aren't paying attention while pedaling.
  • Vans x Cult cruiser grips.
  • Electra Sparker Special seat.
Next up:

• Switch to a Specialized "The Cup" seat.
  • Narrow the bars 2 inches.
  • Install 65t chainwheel.
I may add a crossbar to handlebars once I find the perfect angle.

RB3.jpg

RB4.jpg

RB5.jpg

BB - So much to like about your bike. :thumbsup: Love me some Thick Bricks. Nice touch on the thumbie shifter. Good call on shortening the forks. 65T chainring! 👀 What ar you running on the back? I run a 44:22 on my Nexus 3 cruiser and am having a hard time imaginging a 65T.

BB - So much to like about your bike. :thumbsup: Love me some Thick Bricks. Nice touch on the thumbie shifter. Good call on shortening the forks. 65T chainring! 👀 What ar you running on the back? I run a 44:22 on my Nexus 3 cruiser and am having a hard time imaginging a 65T.
It has a Nexus3 with 22t.

I run a 65t with 24t rear on my Basman with a Alfine 8.

000006.jpg

Nice Basman! I can see the 65:24 with the Alfine 8 - just having a hard time imagining it with the lesser ratio range of the Nexus3. Either way, nice bikes!

Nice Basman! I can see the 65:24 with the Alfine 8 - just having a hard time imagining it with the lesser ratio range of the Nexus3. Either way, nice bikes!
I'll keep you posted on how it goes after I slap on the 65er & ride it a bit.

Installed the 65t chainwheel, new chain & removed the kickstand.

Now to come up with a nickname that sticks.

Ideas so far:

El Gallo Negro
El Mofo Grande

#dukecitycruisers
#the65ers
#ratrodbikes
#feltbandit
#bike505
#dukecitybikelife
#burquebikelife
#505bikelife
#abqbikelife

IMG_20221214_135927174_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221214_140154908_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221214_140140337_HDR.jpg

How is the ride with that gear ratio and the Nexus 3 feeling?
It's running like a champ!

I changed things up again. I installed a 3 speed 26x80 wheelset with 26x2.5 tires. I just wasn't feeling the 26/24 staggered wheels.

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg

It's running like a champ!

I changed things up again. I installed a 3 speed 26x80 wheelset with 26x2.5 tires. I just wasn't feeling the 26/24 staggered wheels.

View attachment 219826View attachment 219827View attachment 219828View attachment 219829
One of my bikes has crank ground strike issues but after a couple of groundings I got used to it and have never had problems since. Your bike takes that to another level, probably the basement level. I love that you can use the pedals as kickstands. Good looking bike.

One of my bikes has crank ground strike issues but after a couple of groundings I got used to it and have never had problems since. Your bike takes that to another level, probably the basement level. I love that you can use the pedals as kickstands. Good looking bike.
Thank you sir!!

Latest posts

Back