felt tire question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I have been on your site for a few years now, but never registered. My baby got stolen a few months back, so now i'm making a new one. I had my beloved brownwall retro runners, but now they don't make them anymore. So I am in search of a new setup. I was going with felt, either the brown quik bricks, or the berm masters. My question is about the 24 inch berm masters. It stated that they are almost identical to the 26 inchers when inflated. How true is this? Will they fit in a normal 26 inch frame, with a crappy ebay springer fork? Also I need a set of 24 inch rims, but don't know how the gearing is on 24 inch wheels. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yea it does thanks. I may just buy the 26's to be safe, then maybe try the 24's on another bike as I would need rims too.

Also I forgot to ask. Anyone have a photo of the brown with whitewall tires they sell. Didn't see any on the forum.

downtownfish said:
Also I forgot to ask. Anyone have a photo of the brown with whitewall tires they sell. Didn't see any on the forum.

4504379600_39f11162ea_o.jpg

Great, this is the thread that I wanted to start myself. Someone beat me to it.

I too am really drawn to the 24x3" tires like the Felt and the Nirve. They look way cool. And I am psyched to know that they have almost the same diameter as a 26 with whatever stock cruiser tire (1.75"). But I am concerned about the 3" width. Before I have a wheel built, or even just bought (I want a 3-speed hub with coaster break), I need to know if this will fit my frame.

Are you guys finding that these generally fit on old Schwinns? Mine is a Spitfire. Putting a ruler up against my frame is too-close-to-tell...which just make me more nervous. What are these "mods" you speak of?

At the other extreme (literally), I'm toying with the idea of running a 700C (29") on the front with a skinny tire. Anyone ever seen it? Dumb or cool?

Twisted Root said:
At the other extreme (literally), I'm toying with the idea of running a 700C (29") on the front with a skinny tire. Anyone ever seen it? Dumb or cool?

Check out garagegoon's "Black & Wild" build.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29254

Heck yes!
That bike is definitely getting one of my 3 votes. Twisted minds think alike.

udallcustombikes said:
Twisted Root said:

Check out garagegoon's "Black & Wild" build.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29254

Latest posts

Back