fender extenders??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my heart set on using the new Schwalbe Fat Frank tires in cream that just arrived. Needless to say, they do not & won't fit my Schwinn Heavy-Duti (not Duty)- the industrial bike with the mega-spokes. So I am trying to get them to find any of my other vintage bikes (non-Schwinns) before I am forced to return thee tires. They are really close to fitting an old Iverson cruiser but tires hits the back fender just a little. I measured the fender struts/stays and if longer ones were available, I think the bike could use the tires (height issue not width, though the Fat Franks are 26 X 2.3) creme). Anyone tried this? are longer ones available (I measured mine at 13" front fender side to hub) or I though about having a small extension welded on-- under the fender it would be unnoticeable, I suspect. Any other thoughts? Or give up and return the tires, maybe just hype anyway...

I know you want to run fenders but just for my knowledge what kind of clearance do you have if you didn't run fenders? The reason I ask is that I have a heavy-Duty as well (but mine is spelled with a "Y") and I was hoping to try to squeeze in some 26x3's.

Back