Fibber glass Tank ???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even thou I´ve made a couple of nice fibber glass "tanks" in the past, I was wondering if there´s any way of making them to hold Gas in.
Is it possible?
Any type of special filler?
Any one who has successfully done this?

I have zero skills shaping metal, and my goal is to start a Motorized Board Track Racer replica, with a fibber glass tank that actually works.
Is it possible? :roll:

ive been over this a few times. i have a motorized too and i was hoping to make a tank to hold gas. i went to a local boat shop that specialized in fiberglass repair. showed me a few methods, but he said overall fiberglass isnt a very good medium to hold fuel, however there are products on the market made to seal rusty motorcycle tanks. a few people i know have used this in steel tanks:

http://www.kreemproducts.net/p-13-kreem ... -pint.aspx

as you can see - fiberglass is hit or miss depending on the types of resin you use.

hope this helps.

cant help ya with a liner for fiberglass, but have you ever thought about glassing over an existing tank ? even if you had to chop it to fit you could seal a metal tank pretty easy.

Thanks for the interest and comments guys.

The idea of using a metal tank inside a Fibber Glass one has crossed my mind. My main problem is I don't have a MIG (only an arc welder) and less than beginner skills to face tank building. Same thing if I have to modify an existing one, therefore my interest in building it in Fibber.

Latest posts

Back