Finally got the Tandems all cleaned up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the one I picked up earlier this year off of CL. Detailed it yesterday and put it on CL since I've been out of a job for a while and need the $$$. Just thought I would share some pics.

Before:

twinn1-3.jpg

After:

twinn1-2.jpg

twinn12.jpg

twinn2-1.jpg

twinn3-1.jpg

Also the purple one I picked up: ( I sold it last month)

All I replaced were the tires, tubes, and rear grips.

Before:

1-14.jpg

After:

twinn1-1.jpg

Sweet Twinn.. twinns I mean.. Why does my deluxe have S6 rims?! The purple has S7s right? I have the atom drum brake maybe thats the difference? Somebody clarify please!

73 on the nose.. yellow.. black grips, seats and such. I will (try) and post pics of it Friday morning.

kingplinker said:
WOW great job - I love that green one! NICE CLEAN UP!

Thanks! The green one is the nicest original paint bike I've ever seen! Its absolutely beautiful in person.

FaceOFFbikes said:
73 on the nose.. yellow.. black grips, seats and such. I will (try) and post pics of it Friday morning.

I think they started making them with skinnier tires so I'm assuming thats what yours is. I'll check for the pics tomorrow.

DSCF2193.jpg

Here she is.. abit rusty. Complete except for brake handles and cables.. I plan on cleaning her up enuff to ride then for my B'day in June get a full resto from my bike shop.

The green and purple twinns need to have the cranks aligned.

ratina said:
Hmm from my research the frame mounted shifter stopped in the late 60's.
Maybe that explains all the rust.. lol. Well the serial is telling me 73.. But if its older I wouldn't mind..lol

Latest posts

Back