Finally Joined the CWC Club

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thought I might have had another pre-war gem on my hands, but it's stamped 53Cw on the BB shell. Not sure yet what the original colors might have been--it was slathered with blue house paint ages ago. The tank houses the original horn and hardware. Uniroyal button-tread rubber holds air but suffers from the usual sidewall cracking. Should make for a satisfying project.

PICT0178_zps4utu3hwk.jpg

PICT0182_zpsuevpxcdx.jpg

PICT0179_zpsaq3vb69j.jpg

That's a pretty nice find with oodles of cool.
I actually like that authentic old experienced two tone that was slathered on long ago.
If it were hangin with my current herd it might just get a light sanding, maybe some ol' school shop lettering and a coat of shine and of course some grease and rubber ...for now.
Then again, it is not mine and you're the lucky one gets to bring her back. Let the good times roll.

It does have charm, and I took a liking to it right away. It was wearing a large Wald newsboy basket in lieu of the truss rods, but I do have the mounting bracket. Front wheel needs plenty of TLC, but the rear is surprisingly tight and rolls straight. No broken or missing spokes.

Latest posts

Back