Finds up north

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday afternoon
My driveway when I got home, not as dramatic as Ingola
IMG_20230405_152837326.jpg
IMG_20230405_152853297.jpg

This was the day before
IMG_20230404_152551692.jpg

60° last weekend, freezing rain yesterday, supposed to be 70 this weekend

430 mm axle to crown is a bit of longer fork, for reference, it's about 20mm longer than a Kona p2. That would be good for replacing a suspension fork on a mountain bike, but might be a bit long for an early MTB. I think that GT fork I put on RockRat was about 400mm.

Little bit of the back story. It had been one owner the man had bought it in 69 maybe 70 rode it around the campus of the university of Illinois and brought it back to Ottawa where he rode it till last year. Broke the man's heart to sell it but he was 80 and could no longer ride it. Now here's how @MattiThundrrr got the assist sent me the link saying 50 dollar schwinn!!!! I messaged the guy right away and said I'd pick it up in the morning. He showed the best part of this community he knew I would want it. Could have bought it for 50 and sold it to me for 200 or more instead he sent me the link knowing I would grab it. Thanks again Matti
Buy it for $50 here and have a hard time giving it away. Amazing how different areas view old cruisers. People here if they want a cruiser go to Walmart. They prefer a poor bike for a better one that they view as maybe having eventual problems. Strange attitude. There are a lot of big box cruisers here. I’ve given away more 40-50s cruisers than I remember. 2 men’s Hiawatha’s, men’s 59 Schwinn corvette, men’s early 50s Columbia, men’s 40s Schwinn excelsior, 3 rollfast, 2 CWC, woman’s Chicago Schwinn and others I don’t recall. I have a 55 Schwinn men’s corvette and a men’s rollfast that are taking up space I don’t have and I found people that I can give them to. This winter I bought 5 bicycles and three are going as gifts. I paid $20 to $30 each.

Buy it for $50 here and have a hard time giving it away. Amazing how different areas view old cruisers. People here if they want a cruiser go to Walmart. They prefer a poor bike for a better one that they view as maybe having eventual problems. Strange attitude. There are a lot of big box cruisers here. I’ve given away more 40-50s cruisers than I remember. 2 men’s Hiawatha’s, men’s 59 Schwinn corvette, men’s early 50s Columbia, men’s 40s Schwinn excelsior, 3 rollfast, 2 CWC, woman’s Chicago Schwinn and others I don’t recall. I have a 55 Schwinn men’s corvette and a men’s rollfast that are taking up space I don’t have and I found people that I can give them to. This winter I bought 5 bicycles and three are going as gifts. I paid $20 to $30 each.
Feel free to hand them out up here. Schwinn is not common in Canada so there's a Schwinn tax .

Killer scores. I would love to find a Fire Arrow. There have been a few here on RRB. @gsc modified one nicely for one of the build offs years ago.

Latest posts

Back