Finds up north

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20221227_175509907.jpg

Needed a winter bike got this for nothing fits the bill Norco Wolverine fixed the breaks and gears oiled lubed sprayed with salt eliminator https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/174918/
Works great.

Hey Neighbour,
Would this fork work for you?
1673841391437.png

I saw your old bike recently as it was in pictures behind a couple of other crusty stored relics that I did end up getting via an amicable online interprovincial exchange.
I thought about the Fork/bike, but decided to not pursue more trouble than I had already invited.
It may still be there if you need it.
Btw, Did you also have a prewar yellow/white/brown/red prewar Rollfast before?

Reporting from the westernmost province of this north country. I found something interesting at a thrift store a while back. The biplane fork crown and bull moose caught my eye at first and I thought that the crankset looked kinda desirable, so I coughed up the $20 and loaded into my pickup. When I removed the bent bullmoose, I saw that they were stamped Specialized. The frame had a red repaint and no decals, so I did a Google search. Turns out its an '84 Stumpjumper. Dumb luck or what, eh? I plan a thorough restoration when I get some other projects completed and out of the way.
IMG_1379.JPG
IMG_1380.JPG
IMG_1381.JPG

Hey Neighbour,
Would this fork work for you?View attachment 222428
I saw your old bike recently as it was in pictures behind a couple of other crusty stored relics that I did end up getting via an amicable online interprovincial exchange.
I thought about the Fork/bike, but decided to not pursue more trouble than I had already invited.
It may still be there if you need it.
Btw, Did you also have a prewar yellow/white/brown/red prewar Rollfast before?
I went to get that bike and when I got there he said only the license plate was for sale.i never had a rollfast.Your green CCM I'd absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited:
I went to get that bike and when I got there he said only the license plate was for sale.i never had a rollfast.Your green CCM I'd absolutely gorgeous.
Thank you.
The CCM was a lovely, but brief summer fling.
It was my Canada Day weekend find and simple rebuild project.

A friend of mine that hauls junk and does clean ups, gifted me a funky box full of old bike bits. Its good to let people know about your hobby. The bar tape price was $1.39 probably from about 1980.
IMG_2322.JPG
IMG_2323.JPG
IMG_2326.JPG
IMG_2324.JPG

Latest posts

Back