Finds up north

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to fight it 1983 supercycle ultracat peice of Canadian BMX history.
Did a little digging around, found something at the cabe about that bike that might interest you. According to the thread, there was a twin model from Venture meaning it might have come from that Raleigh factory up the highway
"A Canadian built bicycle called Aero by Venture, which is similar to a Ultracat Supercycle 1289 (another Candian built bike). The only difference between the two is the serial numbers. The Aero Venture starts with LY354XXXX (which is what mine is) or LY91XXXX. The other very similar bike the Ultracat im not sure of the Serial#. The first Aero Venture was sold at a store called Zellers and the latter UltraCat Supercycle was sold at store called Canadian Tires. Supposedly Venture were made by Raleigh at their plant in Waterloo Quebec (I’m not quite sure), but if so then I am assuming they both were as they are similar bikes. "
2CB830B1-DD3D-485F-B5BD-D8F25A3862DD.png

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/what-is-this.174063/

I've seen the CCM version before, but never the Sears. Crazy amount of similarities. That peaked front fender looks straight out of the CCM catalog. I think I like the lower top bar better than the CCM, looks more sleek

I've seen the CCM version before, but never the Sears. Crazy amount of similarities. That peaked front fender looks straight out of the CCM catalog. I think I like the lower top bar better than the CCM, looks more sleek
This is the CCM version notice the fenders are the same
download (6).jpeg

It is the same frame the CCM is an 18 inch and the spaceliner is 16 the difference in the tube is caused buy using the same jigs just place the bar in different places. If you look at CCM camelbacks same thing witch is why the seat stays are bolted on depending on size. This was to save money.Both were made here
image_143.jpg

In Weston Ontario the CCM plant it's closed now and Weston is a shady neighborhood in Toronto
With bikes mounted on the street lights.

Are you going to switch it over to a CCM? That would mess with some heads, get all the CCM marked parts. But the frame says hotrod to me

I rekon its taken a hit in the front, use the old BMX trick and turn the bars n wheel 180 and bounce it gently on the front wheel, it should bend em back to straight! Really rough I know but thats me LOL! may have to remove the front fender to do this.
Hey if it works who cares 🙂

Latest posts

Back