Finished ZIG ZAG

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I got mine finished and took some pictures. I was going to wait and do a surprise deal and post at the very end.....But I'm old and I would probably forget anyway. :cry: :cry: So here it is. And a big thanks to Mark/Kram for being my sounding board and offering all the input and time in my secret build. If it wasnt for him there is no telling what color this would have ended up :roll: :lol: :lol:

zz1.jpg

zz2.jpg

zz3.jpg

zz4.jpg

zz5.jpg

zz6.jpg

zz7.jpg

It rides nice . Moving the seat back give some extra room and the 7 speed makes it easy to pick something comfortable. The only problem is a 58 year old stomach gets in the way. :roll: :roll: :wink:

Whoa :shock:

It really turned out awesome...love the photo backdrops also...very cool!

That chainguard graphic really looks nice and fast.

Great job!

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!..........I've got a 56 yr old stomach, that's why I do apes and banana seats. :D .....That bike is worth losing weight over.

Hey thanks yall...It was a fun build. Shame you cant do anything to the frame . I think I'm going to stretch it anyway. I kinda figured out a way to stretch it from the back and maybe add another seat post or two , that way I wont have to mess with stretching the tank. watch for it in an upcomming build when the weather gets a little cooler. :wink:

rick74304 said:
Man, way to come out of left field :shock: :mrgreen: I knew there would be some suprises near the end, but i'm pretty sure you had everyone fooled with the ,"i'm camping" thing Uncle Stretch :lol:
Love to see some build pics,
Rick
Well I didnt have very many build pictures ,other than what you see. I was talking to Mark and told him that I hated to go in my shop and see all the cool parts I could use on a build and not be doing one. Its like being a greyhound and watching a dog race. They still cant fix my trailer.I finally got it back from the first guy after a month and a week. The second guy said he thought it was fixed ,that he had the fridge running for 3 days and it was working perfect. I brought it home and it quit within 24 hours. Its back there as of friday. Anyway I decided to do one. Once it was done it was just another bike with nothing special. I needed a seatpost that set back. I could have done the bend and weld ,but I thought here is a piece of 5/8'' solid bar already bent ...from my clone builds....and I could make it into my seatpost and add a little Twang too. I welded a piece of 2' wide x 5'' long x 3/16'' stock to the end. Then a piece of a seatpost on one side to go into the seatpost tube and a piece of the same solid 5/8 sticking up to hold the seat. then a couple tabs down to go to the holes where the fenders hooked on. Was pretty simple and can be adapted in any shape for the look you want. I was going to cut the seatpost off completely and build the part like a stem,but if it didnt work/look good I was stuck with no seatpost clamp.

Hey Skip Ill pull it apart in a minute and take a picture. It was a pretty simple deal to build....A few clamps...a little welding...and Zap :wink: I like to think of it as a Steampunk seatpost. :lol:

Ok so here is the steampunk seatpost where you can see it. The only part you cant see is the 2'' long piece of seatpost under it.

seatpost004.jpg

seatpost003.jpg

Latest posts

Back