FINK 49

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A unicycle?? Where would you sit??? uh,,,,, oh,,,, :oops: nevermind... :crazy:

4 days to go & still no frame or body parts not looking good guys .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to have this playing at your painters shop! Tell him it's Final Jeopardy time already!!!

Well guys I'm not a quitter & hate to give up . But this one is out of my hands . When you get some one else involved in these bike build offs you loose control of your project. A friend of mine is doing the powder coating for me . I bought the powder & we swapped out the labor . He is having trouble at his shop and hasn't been able to keep up on his end of the bargain . Well at least not on time .
I fingered 32 days was plenty of time to get the frame & body parts done but I guess not . Soooo I'm out but it will get done eventually.....

Well guys I'm not a quitter & hate to give up . But this one is out of my hands . When you get some one else involved in these bike build offs you loose control of your project. A friend of mine is doing the powder coating for me . I bought the powder & we swapped out the labor . He is having trouble at his shop and hasn't been able to keep up on his end of the bargain . Well at least not on time .
I fingered 32 days was plenty of time to get the frame & body parts done but I guess not . Soooo I'm out but it will get done eventually.....

That's a bummer Matt. Maybe we should organize a 'build off part two' for all of us in the out of time club.

There should be a NOT LIKE button. I was looking forward to seeing this one....We'll just have to wait.

In the words of that puppet playing poker, with the other monsters, in the Spectrum TV commercial: "Want me take care of it?.....Cause I will.

That's a bummer Matt. Maybe we should organize a 'build off part two' for all of us in the out of time club.

I like your idea Jim lets call it ( NO TIME TO WINE JUST OUT OF TIME / BUILD OFF 12 1/2 [emoji4] )

That bites man! I really hate to see this!
Maybe the Winter build off will be another one that you can have unfinished builds to start with.

Ya I'm kinda bummed this being my third annual build off. For me it was more about the fun and bringing something newer yet 60-70 classic. In the past it was how to win this thing . But this time it was more of building a cool bike that I've wanted for a while a comfortable laid-back cruiser . A bit of old school mixed with new school with a shiny hot rod big daddy Ed Roth vibe . I was just excited to share with all you guys . Congratulations to the rest of you there are some killer bikes this year it's been fun being part of this group.[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. The best part is building alongside the collective creative brain trust that is RRB Build Offs!

Please keep us posted on the 49er. I catch your vibe on the 'shiny hot rod Big Daddy Roth' build desire. That's why I build this guy in the interim since Old Manse Hawthorne was done by the end of June.

hawthrodrock.jpg

Got a good friend I used to work with at the bike shop who does pinstripe that will 'dress up' the frame when he has time. Give some class to this primer gray hot rod.

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. The best part is building alongside the collective creative brain trust that is RRB Build Offs!

Please keep us posted on the 49er. I catch your vibe on the 'shiny hot rod Big Daddy Roth' build desire. That's why I build this guy in the interim since Old Manse Hawthorne was done by the end of June.

View attachment 58007

Got a good friend I used to work with at the bike shop who does pinstripe that will 'dress up' the frame when he has time. Give some class to this primer gray hot rod.

Cool frame i like theses tires I have a set of those on my wife bikes. There smooth and great looking. I like the idea of some pinstripes. I can also see some satin black two tone paint on the front half of the bike . [emoji1303]

Hey guys been off the forum for a while. Needed a break and been working on other projects besides bikes .
The Fink has been on the rack literally. I just finally got the frame , fender & chain guard back today. My powder coat buddy has been under a lot of pressure at work and was never able to dedicate very much time to the project at one sitting. Also he has had a lot of health issues . But today he showed up at my house with it . It's probably got about 7 coats of primer & color on it mixed with pearl & flake toped off with a couple coats of clear . I think myself & BIG Mike nailed the 60s - 70s vibe with this yellow gold ,custard pie , liquid sunshine combination.
80cfec88b1915a0c205fca3921c92312.jpg
dffd998281f5ee11aadb1a8850088859.jpg

They heavy duty 1940s gothic rear fender .
e5f9a81775aef25cbd9fb0975e762156.jpg

The original Rat Fink guard that I drilled out .
5e8d653de1874a034103464c9ec2a4a6.jpg
9e2ea80461df0b305720bff9f0c990b4.jpg

The frame once the black chrome & chrome comes into play it should really pop .

:inlove::heart::inlove:
:crazy2::eek::crazy2:
VA VA VA VOOM!!!!!

Latest posts

Back