Fire Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I entered the last build off with this bike but I never got around to doing anything with it other than get most of the parts needed to build it. I thought with the virus that things would slow down at work but instead it got crazy busy and I just didn't have the time to work on this bike. That plus the fact that all the bike swaps were cancelled. I usually find a lot of good stuff at Trexlertown but not this year. Anyway this bike fits in better with the MBBO than the regular build off. What I'm building is a ratty/patina version of a Murray Fire Cat Chopper. I'm starting with the handlebars and forks which I bought at Trexlertown a while back. I originally just bought them to flip but then I found this ratty frame on ebay. The rear fender was also a Trexlertown find. The seat, sissy bar and muffler chainguard were all ebay finds. I should have a set of rusty rims out in the shed that will work as well as all the other small stuff needed to assemble. I'm thinking I might make it a freewheel to make it easier to ride on the bike trail. I think the only thing I need to buy is a set of tires. As for the finish I plan on clearcoating it. I just haven't decided the level of gloss I want to go with yet.
IM000004 (2).jpg

IMG_5114.JPG

IMG_5123 (1).JPG

IMG_5126.JPG

IMG_5128.JPG

IMG_5129.JPG
IMG_5130.JPG

Latest posts

Back