Fireball

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll explain the sissybar it's off a CCM Cobra
download (12).jpeg
24554510.jpg

A one year bike. Kind of the Holly grail of muscle bikes here in Canada. Most times the sissy bar is missing or changed and CCM builder are really fussy about original parts and that sissybar was on nothing else

Might be the first Raleigh muscle bike built on the RRB forum.

Might be the first Raleigh muscle bike built here on an actual muscle bike FRAME.... :bigsmile:

52865-Muscle-bike-99-forum.jpg

26" Raleigh seven speed Nexus beach cruiser with an oversized banana seat (normal ones looked too small and weird), 24" front wheel with matching tires, true vintage taillight, modern headlight, authentic cable-drive speedometer (modified to NOT act like a dragging hand brake pad everywhere I ride), and a Stingray-esque seven speed shifter built from a Grip Shift.

(Two thirds of the way down: https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/show-me-your-ape-hangers.99299/#post-1046622 )

I'll stop threadjacking now and get back to reassembling my collection -- I should write an account of how I moved halfway across the US with nine rat rods (including that tandem stretch cruiser), two vintage road bikes, and two vintage mountain bikes! :21:

With spring coming and we're going stir crazy we pulled the fireball back out.he didn't give up
IMG_20230326_110910169.jpg

Thought we filed this down enough to fit the tiny Raleigh dropouts guess a little bit more.

Maybe it's a Rodeo. All the Fireballs I've looked at have a raised brake bridge on the seat stays and they use 20 x 1.75 rims. This Rodeo has a flat bridge like your frame and uses 20 x 1 3/8ths rims. Those bikes also have a very long reach on their brakes, so I think it came with 20 x 1 3/8ths wheels. The 20 x 1 3/8ths is 101mm taller than the 20 x 1.75, about 4 inches in diameter or 2" in radius.

Fireball:
bac1cffffc5b60b1553a2805e0ec7616.jpg

Rodeo:

aa.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it's a Rodeo. All the Fireballs I've looked at have a raised brake bridge on the seat stays and they use 20 x 1.75 rims. This Rodeo has a flat bridge like your frame and uses 20 x 1 3/8ths rims. Those bikes also have a very long reach on their brakes, so I think it came with 20 x 1 3/8ths wheels. The 20 x 1 3/8ths is 101mm taller than the 20 x 1.75, about 4 inches in diameter or 2" in radius.

Fireball:
View attachment 228021

Rodeo:

View attachment 228023
Definitely a rodeo based on those pics it was the space in the front that threw me off. If we put the break underneath we may just sick a coaster on there.

Latest posts

Back