First Build...any ideas? 50 Monark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my first bike build and was not planned but I'm super jazzed about it. I was looking for a mid 80's BMX when I was offered this bike at a decent price. From what I've been told it's a 50 Monark. I've looked at pics of restored ones as well as ratrod ones and I like both. My initial thought was to get all the silver spray paint off of it, polish the original paint and go from there. But after looking around on this site I've seen some really cool old blended with new ideas. I was thinking about finding original tanks and fenders with new wheels and tires.
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also any good pics or resources as to what this bike might have looked like new would be cool. Thanks!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Those are awesome pics and I sure appreciate the response. Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference in a Firestone and Monark? Where they both made by the same company? Mine has a model #4400. Are any of the pics on the link a 4400? Thanks for your help

I also recently got another complete monark but this time I wanna paint it blue & white like this picture. I have never seen one this color combination...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back