First Post from Michigan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I have been checking things out on the forum for a little while now and finally decided to join as I came to the conclusion after many searches that I just cant find what I am looking for, and thought maybe I would find it here...but thats another post. haha.

My daughter just got to the age where she is old enough for tricycles and wagons, so I decided first to build her a wagon, and now I am in process of building her a trike. For her wagon, I built her a Radio Flyer Model 98 lowered Rat Rod wagon, as I grew up very interested in fast cars, going to the dragstrip, and trying to introduce her to the world or classic cars through the things she can understand at her age. My hope is to someday turn the keys over to my 1967 Chevelle 2 door 300 post car and my 1950 Chevy 5 window truck to her.

On that note, for her trike, I found a 1960's model Murray tricycle that is in very nice original condition, which I have completely dismantled, and am in process of refinishing with satin black paint, red wheels, and or course wide whitewall tires.

Looking forward to all the pictures, stories, tips, and whatever anyone else has to offer here.

Also, if anyone knows where I can find a set of the original Murray chrome hubcaps for the rear wheels on this trike, please steer me in the right direction (they were missing on this bike).

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back