first time flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, so i have never flown on an airliner before and i am going to california in may to be my brothers best man for his wedding. i am a little nervous, but i know once i get on the plane and in the air i will probably enjoy it. any suggestions on flying jitters!!? :? i have flown in small personel aircraft before and loved it. everyone says flying an airliner is like setting on your couch!

Sitting on the couch... probably not!

Not sure if your a big guy, but im 6' and felt pretty cramped. The flights were just over an hour and that was plenty long enough for me. I dont know if I could stand a 4 hr flight. Also ran into some rough air, might not be an issue with longer flights sice they probably fly at a higher flight level = smoother air.

Also be prepared to completely empty your pockets, and take your shoes off when going thru the security, if your chosen, you may also get a personal pat down.

Any layovers?
If there is, I would suggest trying to find out the gate numbers in advance, then look at a gate map, that way you can get an idea of which way to go especially if your layover is short. For example I had a 35 minute layover in Denver, we arrived at gate B-57 and departed at gate B-53 or something like that... you would think they were close, but come to find out the gates were a half mile walk apart! we deplaned, then hustled over to the other gate, and made it with three minutes to spare!!

Try to pack everything in a carry-on, seems most airlines charge at least $25 for a checked bag, and thats EACH way. Your allowed one carry on and one personal item.

Commercial airliners are flying cattle cars. Be prepared to be treated like a cow. I'll never fly commercial again. Gary

depends a lot on the airline but be prepared for standing in line at the inspection checkpoints, crappy food about like school food, boring in flight movie if they have one, and try not to get too drunk off the one entertaining thing to do.....lol

wow, i was hoping for some words of encouragement! :lol:HA! definately leaning towards non-stop flight to avoid any lay overs and eliminate confusion there. my wife is going also and she has flown several times and loves it. planning on making a little vacation out of it. we are going to st. helena, ca which is in the heart of wine country.

Latest posts

Back