Five-G Conspiracy - build thread.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_8749.jpeg

Added some end caps to the “forklift blades of doom.”

Weighed the frame at just under 5 lbs.

Sweet green stuff @SkyknightJohn , maybe one day we'll see your builds at the North American Bike Show? ;)

Love the colour and can't wait for assembly!
Not sure I'm up to that level yet, maybe someday.

For example... have you ever been doing a mental checklist of things you have to do to finish a project and realize you didn't paint the fork to match the frame? I HAVE. Did I save any of the paint or do I need to buy a whole new can? 🤷‍♂️

We'll see. I have options, but not as much time as I'd like.
Ho Hum.

For example... have you ever been doing a mental checklist of things you have to do to finish a project and realize you didn't paint the fork to match the frame? I HAVE. Did I save any of the paint or do I need to buy a whole new can? 🤷‍♂️

We are brothers from different mothers!! I did exactly that on my latest "princess Harry" Painted the whole frame and only when a wee bit was left realised I hadnt done the forks, so I grabbed the forks, used a dark grey as 2 thick unders, then the 1 thin coat of what I had left, got away with it 😍
😍

No progress here today despite a fair bit of work. Turns out the headset I planned to use takes a 27.0mm crown race, and the fork takes a 26.4.

Went to the LBS and the sales person happily asked “anything specific you’re looking for?”
I said, “Why yes, a one-inch threaded headset with a 26.4 crown race.”
Her eyes glazed over. No mechanics in on Mondays, and she didn’t think they kept headsets on stock.
1689032539586.png

So I said thanks anyway, and walked out. Online order inbound.

No progress here today despite a fair bit of work. Turns out the headset I planned to use takes a 27.0mm crown race, and the fork takes a 26.4.

Went to the LBS and the sales person happily asked “anything specific you’re looking for?”
I said, “Why yes, a one-inch threaded headset with a 26.4 crown race.”
Her eyes glazed over. No mechanics in on Mondays, and she didn’t think they kept headsets on stock.
View attachment 240461
So I said thanks anyway, and walked out. Online order inbound.
What LBS was that?

Latest posts

Back