fixie "culture" question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i'm at the bike swap meet last sat and this thing practically fell into my lap. i was in the rite place at the rite time or it was just meant to be.
i brought this sucker home for 100 clams :D
000_0003-6.jpg

I'm too suburban to know about fixies. I'ma have to borrow one when I can and see what all the fuss is about.

'bout the 1%-er thing: Not long ago at a big show my club did, it turns out the head of one of one of the bigger local MC's has the exact same name as myself, first and surname, this lead to a fair amount of shenanegins at the gate. The other guy had entered about five minutes before I had. The lady at the gate said into the radio: 'There's a guy at the gate who says his name is ______ but didn't we just let him through?'

My namesake was called down and here I am, sitting at the gate, wearing club patches, without my bike, claiming to be him. :mrgreen:
After some quick explaining a gang war was avoided and we ended up having a friendly chat about names and bikes in general. Nice guy :lol:

i am not cool enough to rock a fixie. and i am not flexible enough to do the cool one leg forwards over the bars dismount. it is a culture thing and i can respect it just as we are doing our own thing. to each his own

karfer67 said:
i am not cool enough to rock a fixie. and i am not flexible enough to do the cool one leg forwards over the bars dismount. it is a culture thing and i can respect it just as we are doing our own thing. to each his own

^Thats not cool, that just makes you look like an idiot.

well thats the big in thing here in sacto. oh that and tall socks with stripes

Back