Flagging on Craigslist

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Why is it that some of my post will be flagged & deleted from craigslist immediately but when I try to flag something on craigslist it never gets deleted

I have no idea, but it sounds like someone has it in for you? possibly one of the moderators?

I think it takes more than one person flagging an ad to get it deleted??

I have also heard that some buyers will flag ads, so that the ad will hopefully be deleted so that others wont see it.

The whole "flagging" system on Craigslist is pretty much a joke.

Craigslist won't reveal details on the flagging system. It definitely takes a lot more than one person. Craigslist only has less than 30 employees. Without the flagging system, there would be spam everywhere.

It's weird that your ads keep on getting flagged, though. I dunno.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Maybe it's Robert Pierce :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Maybe, haha.

I had an ad a while back that would always get flagged within a few hours of posting it but I never figured out why. You can flag an ad then refresh the page to keep flagging it, I think that is what some people do to get rid of the "competition". :roll:

bicycleguy said:
I had an ad a while back that would always get flagged within a few hours of posting it but I never figured out why. You can flag an ad then refresh the page to keep flagging it, I think that is what some people do to get rid of the "competition". :roll:

that might explain why my ad for buying junk bicycles was deleted. there are two other guys around that do that. Must feel I'm "trespassing". :|

Actually if you flag an add then refresh the page and flag again it acts as two flaggers and gets the job done. It does take 5-15 minutes to show up though.

It happens to one guy in the Tampa Fl Cl all the time and a few other times I look for bike there early in the morning and already they were flagged by someone which really irritates me.

I still don't understand how this hole flagging thing works. I just flagged & refreshed an add about 20 times just to see if it worked & it's still there.

Latest posts

Back