Flashback!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks to a boardmember here, I was able to relive my youth a bit. Starting with a bare Mongoose frame, I put this together today. The idea is to ride it now, and accumulate stock parts along the way. I had a late 90s?? Mongoose I fished outta the trash that donated its wheels and sprocket, a Huffy girlie bike trash day find that donated the gooseneck, forks, handlebars and seat. Some Columbia cranks, a Roadmaster front brake rounds out the mish mash of parts. I got news for youns, my original didn't hall .... like this one! Note the headlight. I went on my maiden voyage an hour ago after begining assembly today 'round 4:30. I had to buy fork cup bearings today so my grand total in this bike is just shy of a whopping $30!!!! Anyhoo.....I was zooming on this thing. I figure the aluminum wheels and sprocket, plus the long cranks may have something to do with that. What memories though. I never got to BMX race my original, although there was a local track I was able to screw around on a few times. But what I did do was ride it everywhere. On a summer day I'd leave in the AM and come home dinner sometimes. Remember those days? My plans?....Lots more riding! Do they have an oldtimers BMX league? :mrgreen:

BMXMongoose.jpg

Absolutely...go to any NBL track near you and sign up. You can ride in either the 17 and over rookie class, or go right to novice and race with guys your age. The breakdowns are 30-34, 35-40, and 41 and over.
I'm still racing at 46 and I love it. Nice 'goose btw.

Back