Flippers from Big Neighboorhood Garage sale Sat. FUJI sold

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These neighborhood associations force their members to all do their garage sales at once, usually on 2 scheduled dates per year.
2 of the big associations near my house had their sales on Sat.
I bought 9 bikes and found one for free. A couple of nice ones, and the rest box store stuff, but they sell for me on CL pretty well.

Real Nice FUJI 12 speed - On CL now Sold.

HARO F18 in perfect shape on CL also.

20 inch Magna MTB in perfect shape - cheap-o Sold on CL yesterday

24 inch Huffy in perfect shape - another cheap-o Sold on CL yesterday

Others of the same box store ilk, pretty much just need to be cleaned up and a few things adjusted, will be on CL soon.

Re: Flippers from Big Neighboorhood Garage sale Sat.

I sold a similar (but much taller) Fuji for $200 recently.

Re: Flippers from Big Neighboorhood Garage sale Sat.

Kingfish -- yeah, "10-speeds" still sell around here. there's one on eBay now for $229 exactly like mine, but a little bit nicer. Claims it's 1977.
Mine is only missing the rear reflector, and there is one tear in the seat.
I have $125 on it. It will sell. That bar tape is U-GLY! but it looks new and is clean.

I don't care for box store bikes any more than the next guy, but at garage sales I can pick them up for $10-20.
They are frustrating trying to get them to shift half-way decent, but adjusting the brakes, and a good clean-up is all that is usually necessary.
I usually price them for about half of new price, that, with no sales tax collection, and they go pretty good on CL.

Lots of young families out here where I live with kids growing out of stuff.
Last year about all I found were 20 in. bikes. This year lots of 24 in. bikes! :D

Re: Flippers from Big Neighboorhood Garage sale Sat. FUJI sold

could have sold 4 of the FUJI's. Guess my price was too low! :D

I had a couple Magnas a long time ago. They were all junk, I never got them to shift right, but hey if some people want them. I mean even Yugos sold at one time, right?

That Fuji is nice! I just filpped one the other day,

Not defending Magnas, but the green 20 in shifted pretty good.
I washed it and sold it. Doubled my money. On CL about 3 hours.

Ms Jerrykr and I bought 2 Magna MTB bikes new at Target 5-6 years ago and rode the wheels off of them.
They were looking new when I sold them and we moved up to Specialized Hybreds. Course I take care of our stuff.

The Specialized were a giant step up in every way, but the Magnas served us well.

"you get what you pay for" and "take care of your stuff and it takes care of you" are most always true.

the HARO may go tomorrow - fingers crossed! :D

Latest posts

Back