FNG from IL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello,my name is Nick and I'm from the Chicagoland area. I'm somewhat new to the vintage bike hobby,but after going to a lot of midwest hot-rod shows where people are cruising around on vintage bicycles,I've fallen in love with the old "tank bikes". After looking around on the local CL and not quite finding "the right one" I found this one at a swap meet this past october.

it's a '62 Columbia Firebolt, it has a lot patina to it but I'm planning on keeping it as-is

704560_2496587991775_990913459_o.jpg

I also picked this Ranger up recently,obviously don't need it but had to save it from the flea market I saw it at,not sure if I'm gonna sell it or what,I guess that's how every addiction starts.

563766_2520043538149_2105620728_n.jpg

Whats up Nick. Names Kevin, from Plainfield IL. Is that pic from Iron Invasion, is that where ya picked up the bike? I was planning on going but cub scouts got in the way. Post a pic of the truck as well, I have a '63 Corvair van.

Ya should get out to the get together later next month, I finally went for the first time earlier this month when it was absolutely beautiful out and we had a blast. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50821&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=210

P.S. I want your Fire bolt. lol.

i just got into it as well. I have a few older schwinns that i have lay'n around that have started to rod/chop (not sure what to do yet)
im down in New Lenox and was looking at going on the next ride

Onewheelsqueel said:
Whats up Nick. Names Kevin, from Plainfield IL. Is that pic from Iron Invasion, is that where ya picked up the bike? I was planning on going but cub scouts got in the way. Post a pic of the truck as well, I have a '63 Corvair van.

Ya should get out to the get together later next month, I finally went for the first time earlier this month when it was absolutely beautiful out and we had a blast. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50821&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=210

P.S. I want your Fire bolt. lol.

Yeah,the pic was taken at the invasion,I did buy it there (got a pretty good deal on it too). I couldn't find a way to air up the tires so it sat in the truck bed all weekend.

here's a pic of the truck:

602343_2368241063182_1199492917_n.jpg

Sure rub it in, missed a great show, and a great deal on a cool bike. You can bet I would have beem all over that bike. :lol: Oh well, nice find and welcome.

Bring it out to the Chicago tail draggers gtg.

Onewheelsqueel said:
Sure rub it in, missed a great show, and a great deal on a cool bike. You can bet I would have beem all over that bike. :lol: Oh well, nice find and welcome.

Bring it out to the Chicago tail draggers gtg.

Yeah,my buddy pointed it out to me and I couldn't get the cash out fast enough,lol. I probably could have resold the bike that same day 10 times over but I didn't want to.

I'd love to make the tail draggers meet,but unfortunately I have work that day,hopefully I can make the next one.

Latest posts

Back