FNG from San Diego.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this old Schwinn a week ago for cheap off Craigslist, and have since become kind of obsessed with making it a rideable and cool looking bike. It's a 1964 Typhoon from the serial number. This is the "before" picture, still working on the "after". I found a "Sweetheart" chainwheel to replace the 48 tooth Wald in the pic, and have replaced and lubed the bearings and trued the wheels. I have 4 other bikes, 2 vintage road bikes and 2 MTB's. Searching through my parts stash, the only parts that would fit was that butt ugly seat, rusty old Wald handlebars and the Raleigh Roadster chrome stem. :cool:
Any build ideas would be welcome.:thumbsup:

HPIM1223.JPG

HPIM1211.JPG

Welcome to the board JIM.!!!
San Diego native also.. Kool Cruiser for a Project.. Looking to get another Schwinn Cruiser myself..

Sure, I already ride with the EBF group every month (open to anyone). And we have the CicloSDias ride coming up on the 30th. I just posted about it in the events page.

Kool.. I need to meet up with you guys someday and going to check out the events for that ride coming up..
Big time difference on that cruiser.. Looks Kool.!!!

Latest posts

Back