FNG

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy. I'm Nate. I ride bikes from time to time.

I have a couple of middle aged bikes I've been messing with for a few years now (I used to call them old bikes, but then I started looking around this site and realized that they are comparatively young machines,) a 60's Hawthorne and a 60-70's Schwinn with a Sturmey-Archer 3 speed hub.

Looking to learn how to do some more customizing.

Also, I want to make my bikes more reliable. I've learned how to switch parts back and forth from bike to bike, but it seems like I'm always making changes that cause problems on the road. I want cool looking bikes, but I need them to work as well.

Looking forward to meeting you.

I forgot to mention, I picked up a (free) Chicago Schwinn Varsity this weekend and I'm looking for ideas on what to do with it. Right now I removed all the derailing hardware and put a new short chain on it to make a single speed freewheel out of it. I put North Road handlebars on it.

Right now it's fine the way it is. But I get the feeling this is not a "good enough" crowd, and I'm looking for a project that could ease me into the next level of hot-rodding a bike, so if you've got an idea that a beginner can handle, shoot it my way.

Latest posts

Back