folding beamer/original montague

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
a mate let me have this last night . he got it with his BMW years ago. it looks like just an old school mountain bike but it folds around the seat tube. pretyy awesome. colour sucks. i dig the 'designed by BMW' sticker even though it's a montague. 8) 8) 8)

IMAG0328.JPG

IMAG0331.JPG

IMAG0333.JPG

Cool bike, that would fit in any trunk I guess ?
BMW have a retro bike out now, unfortunately it is very pricy at €1950 :shock: but man is it gorgeous or what ?

bmw_01.jpg

bmw_02.jpg

what a beauty! love the shaft drive 8)

ya indeed, when you take out both wheels you could even fit it in a large bag and take it on a plane.

Bikepusher: Do you you want to swap that made-for-BMW Montague for one of my bikes?
Ace: Sorry, BMW does not have a 'retro' bike, it is made by 'de Fietsfabriek' in Amsterdam, and BMW is just the name given to this bike. You can find it somewhere over here: http://www.fietsfabriek.nl/

After the war Germany was not allowed to build motorcycles, and had to build bicycles to make ends meet:
bp0022.jpg

As far as I know this is the only BMW bicycle ever made.

Cheers C.S. I stand corrected, I misread the name for the brand - beautiful bike nevertheless, but still too expensive.

Back to the studio now, where Bikepusher is about to fold up one of his bikes with his bare hands.
You've got to see it to believe. :mrgreen:

Here's my folding BMW. It's a 2002 model year Q6.s with all high end components. 20" frame.

2002Q6.sOutdoors.jpg

2002Q6sfolded.jpg

Shimano XTR drivetrain, Magura Louise hydraulic discs, Telelever front suspension, fully adjustable (as well as ther rear suspension), 27 speeds. It's a sweet ride....and it was very expensive...

c.s. : it's a pretty rare bike so you'd have to come up with something special ...

btw how was that bmw frame constructed? doesn't look like lugs, some kind oF welding? casting?

"btw how was that bmw frame constructed? doesn't look like lugs, some kind oF welding? casting?"

No idea, you know as much as I do about it, I have no detailed pictures of the frame.

"it's a pretty rare bike so you'd have to come up with something special ..."

This one?
Zijspanfietsoud.jpg

The Montague is probably worth more than I can offer, maybe i stumble upon one someday.

sorry man no deal. i've had my eye on it for a while (also because it's an excellent rider) and now the guy finally parted with it i'm holding on to this bike. it'll be my new tourer/MTB. as far as value is concerned : i've never seen one for sale so i have no idea.

pretty cool bike btw. i first thought it was a leaning sidecar but now i see it's not.

Latest posts

Back