For you HotRodders (interior work)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't work on any bikes for a time....I have a customer's car in need of some interior work!. besides ...I could use the cash :D

I thought maybe some of you guys would like to get a little insight to HotRod Uhpolstery :mrgreen:
if you have any questions feel free to ask. This will also be the fast version so there may be a few gaps and things that were done behind the seens.

So here is the car...its a very rare 37 Chev slant back! Very Cool car!

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

what I get to start with. well nothing :shock: I may sit down with a customer for hours working out ideas before I even pick up the sissors.

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

The best way to start on this is the top down
The headliner! lots of work goes into doing one of theses let me tell you! this car had a few issues :(

but it worked out great!

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

stay tuned! lots more to come!

I hope all the mini build off bikes are coming along!

FW

A question to ask is...... are you going stock...or custom?

you can go either vinyl or fabric...your choice. Just try and stay with the products that are ment for headliners because they are lighter in weight and designed to be pulled in different directions to give you a nice finish.

drop by your local Uhpolstery shop...they should have samples for you to look at :mrgreen:

FW

Hey! My dad had a 37 Chevy way back in the day when I was young. That car was a blast. I think he traded it for a 55 Bel Air. This was back before you needed a second mortgage to play with Bel Airs.
37CHEV.jpg

Nice Job Firewalker! 8) 8) 8)
tnt1 said:
Hey I like them FORD arm rest in that CHEVY looks good 8)
Almost as good as all the Chev 350's That ford guys put in there 32 Coupes! :wink:
L8 EM

Firewalker said:
Sorry I have not kept up on this thread but I did get the car done!

here are a few pictures of it finished! I now hope to get the bike seat done nogood42!!

Im real happy with this build! I'm not one for grey interiors....but this was real nice and fit the car well

FW
Whoo Hoo! Can't wait to see my seat! I always enjoy seing your work, nice job, very clean look...Kelly

Looks awsome! BTW, there are starving Cutlasses that are in need of a center console!jk :lol: I bought one for my '74 later to find out it has a power dr seat.

TheDuke said:
Nice Job Firewalker! 8) 8) 8)
tnt1 said:
Hey I like them FORD arm rest in that CHEVY looks good 8)
Almost as good as all the Chev 350's That ford guys put in there 32 Coupes! :wink:
L8 EM
but most of them '32 fords' are fiberglass or non original steel repops.......some one once said ' there are more 32 fords on the road today than there was in 32!' :roll:
great work firewalker(wish i could afford to have you do my caddi but i dont think from cali to canada plus materials and labor would be feasible :shock: )!!

very bad ...! how long have you been doing interior? upholstery is something I wanted to get into for a while maybe when I get my project car one day. How did you go about getting into doing interior, do fiberglass work as well?

Firewalker said:
very bad butt!
????????? :?

I have been doing Trim work now for about 8+ years now :D

how did I get into it you ask? I went to college! It was a one year program

FW

really one year course, thats whats up wish my community college offered something like that..recall what the course was called ? .. I would look for a school that offers it and go there just to take it (atleast try) and very bad butt! ... I typed very bad a-sS but its censored and changed to butt.

i gotta go to my community college and see what they have, maybe just maybe they it, which I dought. Wyotech is to much money I wanted to go for paint and body but it was like 50gs or some retarded price.

edit - im in new haven ct

i knew i forgot something hahah

Latest posts

Back