Ford Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For about 2 1/2 years I've been building a dirt track racecar for a Street Stock type of class. I lost interest in the car and didn't touch it for the last 6 months, so advertised it on a local speedway forum. It sold in less than 30 minutes :D , so I had to find something to fill the empty spot in the garage.
A guy I know had owned a 58 Ford Zephyr for 30 years, and I heard he was wanting to move it so he can make room for a 32 coupe. He kept the engine for another project, but luckily it has been set up for a 250ci crossflow straight 6, the same type of engine I have started building for the racecar :) .
It oozes Rat, as it has a narrowed Borg Warner rearend, Chrysler axles and brakes, Holden (GM) driveshaft, Toyota 5spd gearbox and Datsun 240Z front struts. The body has minimal rust for a 50 year old and the interior is ratty but all there........perfect :wink: .
The engine going into it has a strong bottom end with a nice grumpy cam and a fair bit of cylinder head work. I'll probably use a 2bbl Holley with a good ignition system and set of headers.

The racecar...........goooooone
IMGA0394.jpg

IMGA0401.jpg

The Zephyr
IMGA0418.jpg

IMGA0414.jpg

Sounds like the Zephyr has a "Harmony " of parts combined together...I guess that is due to the lack of available parts ..not like here in the States where parts are abundant . Gotta love a Sleeper 4 door.. :wink: Put the stock hubcaps back on it.. :lol:

Latest posts

Back