fork die?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: fork dye?

Big Tool Store?
big_tool_store_smaller.jpg

Confused me reading thrru it, the first reply changed the spelling for some reason and things went weird from there.

udall, if he can get one for $30 I would love to have one also. Please pretty please.

I bought mine from a local industrial tool supply for $35...no gig deal and got it next day. Look in your local yellow pages...or web search. There are different "quality" of tools. I could get a China-made one for 20 or a USA made one for 35 and the bike shop wanted to order a Park dye for 60-plus...so shop around...

While you can get cheap dies, the other half of the equation for both the Park & Chinese made dies are the tools for the dies that are bike specific and have an alignment collar to keep you on track and even the Chinese versions are fairly expensive. This collar is more important when threading a fairly thin tube like on bikes when there are no threads currently on the tube, otherwise if you're just chasing threads or adding on, it's not as key but still a good idea.

Latest posts

Back