Fork Straightening?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have a little problem.. The forks on my Monark are bent a smidge. Looks like someone ran into something pretty hard, the front wheel is a replacement so it makes sense. I hope the pic is clear enough to show the damage. The bend is only about five degrees so I'm wondering if its something that I could straighten out. I'm trying to figure the best way to straighten it out but if you guys have any ideas let me know. I have visions of tubes and clamps and bfh's... Would it even be a good idea to straighten it? I'd rather not snap the steering tube off. I would appreciate any help! Thanks.

101_0027.jpg

Thanks for the help guys... Shows you how much I visit the local bike shop! I'll give them a call in the morning.

Sorry about the sig.. I havnt been here since the change in policy, its fixed now.

thanks man. and im not even a site mod! lol just tryin to help out. thats a really nice lookin bike ya got there.

Easy E

I talked to the LBS today and they wont straighten the fork because they are afraid it will be weaker, liability something, something, etc... but they would gladly sell me a shiny new fork that totally wouldnt match the bike!

idk if I even want to bother straightening it, doesnt seem to effect the ride at all and it only hits the frame on 90 degree turns. Plus, I'd rather have a springer! lol ...now only if I could find one. :roll:

Back