Forming a Cruiser Bicycle Club in DFW

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Bicycle Fans,

I am forming a bicycle club focused on group cruiser rides around the DFW area. If you like riding a cruiser-style bicycle (beach bike, vintage balloon tire bike, rat rod bike, kustom bike, comfort bike, etc.), and want to meet other like-minded bicycle fans, the “Slow Spokes” bicycle club may be for you. To start, the idea is to plan a few group rides on some of the popular trails around DFW (e.g., Campion trail, Katy trail, River Legacy Park, Grapevine Lake, Spring Creek Nature Area, etc.). These would be casual, family-friendly rides open to all abilities of riders.

As the club grows, if there is interest, the Slow Spokes might become involved with certain community events like bike shows, parades, bike advocacy programs, charitable causes and the like. Some cities have regular weekly or monthly cruiser rides - why not DFW too? Who knows, the Slow Spokes may be the catalyst to grow the “cruiser bicycle lifestyle” in DFW.

If the Slow Spokes sounds like your kind of bicycle club, please send me an email with your contact information to: [email protected]. Let me know what ideas you have for ride locations, dates, times and any other suggestions you have for the club. I will compile a list of interested bicycle fans, pull together some of the suggestions, and we can schedule our first club ride.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Ideally, we will schedule our first ride in early August.

Kind Regards,
Dennis
email: [email protected]

My name is James and I am interested in meeting up to join yalls bike ride. I go to Dallas to ride and been to California 2 times to go on a bike ride. Let me know when y'all ride and I will be happy to meet y'all there.

Thanks for messaging me. I'm in if there's enough interest. I've tried this for 2 yrs to no avail. I've got a post on this same thing in "clubs" also. I have a garage full of full blown customs & after riding alone for 2 yrs, I recently bought another dirt bike & I'm going back to motocross riding as at least that kind of riding is still thriving. But I'd love to do a custom/cruiser bike group ride too.

What's the latest news on the formation of this bicycle group? When will we meet up for our first ride together?

Hi James (a/k/a HotVW),

I sent you a PM via the RatRodBikes website (please let me know if you did not receive it). I'm glad to hear you are interested in riding with the Slow Spokes. The club is just forming and I am compiling an email list of interested riders. I plan to use email to communicate intially until we figure out a website or something. Please send your email address to me at [email protected].

We will likely have our first club ride on Sunday afternoon, 8/11/13. I think we will be riding the Campion Trail in Irving. I will firm up the time and details shortly. I will send an email with ride information to folks that have replied to me. Also, I will post a flyer for the ride on RatRodBikes.

Have a good one,

Dennis

I'd be interested. Have been thinking about riding for exercise lately so this may be the incentive i need. I'll shoot you an email.

You might try connecting with people on the Electra Bike Forum. I ride my Basman with the EBF group in San Diego and it's been great. Friendly and open. Best thing is there aren't a bunch of annoying rules and attitude.

Also when you're riding around with a small group, you'll probably pick up new people along the way. We always have people asking how they can join in.

Thanks "NicksGarage" for the advice on posting Slow Spokes DFW cruiser rides on the Electra Bike Forums page. I have registered there and will post rides on their Events Forum.

Have a good one,

Dennis

Sounds good...I'm just getting my 59 Deluxe 'custom' Hornet back together. My wife has a 65 Spaceliner. Ready to cruise in about a week.

Hi TexasDart, I am glad to hear you want to ride with Slow Spokes. Our first ride will be Sunday afternoon, 8/11/13 at 1:30 PM. We will ride the Campion Trail in Irving, starting from the "Birds Fort Trail Park" parking lot.

I am going to post the ride details shortly. I sent you a PM on the RRB Forum. Please send me your email address if you want me to add you to the email distribution list for future Slow Spokes events. My email is "[email protected]."

Have a good one,

Dennis

Latest posts

Back