Found old Road Master

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a contractor. I deal with old houses not bikes. But I did find in an old house a Cleveland Welding Company Road Master.
It is rusty and red and doesn't have the tank between two cross bars. Actually it is very square with one straight cross bar and a New Departure Brake. The serial no. is A 309061?? I am curious about its age. I will try to post pictures. I really don't work on bikes but think this should go to someone who is rabid about them. Maybe just ebay it.

If you say it's got one straight bar, then I suspect a late 40s to mid 50s date. But the New Departure brake limits that a little bit since the New Departure branch of GM burned? or flooded? Basically it was destroyed some which way in 1954 and supplies were used up probably by '55.

If there is a suffix to the right of the serial which has a Cw code of some sort, then we can date it exactly; if no suffix, then it's probably on the earlier end--late 40s. Pictures would help give any for sure answers. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back