Found two bikes for 60.00$ pixie and ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to a buddies house ..He had a boys PIXIE for sale ....my son was with me and he wanted it...anyways he had a beat up bike sittin in his garage...I asked about it of course..I didn't pay to much attention to details ....I just saw the frame and loved those drop outs ....found out later that day that the rims were much more valuable and rare (from what I hear).anyways it has no badge so if anyone out there know any info about it let me know...here's a few pics.

Here's my sons pixie.
35ivb5d.jpg

Here's the other unknown bike...
2gtojgz.jpg
nn77dk.jpg

rjeijs.jpg

front rim...says Schwinn made in France(hub). how weird.
kafoeb.jpg

Rear rim hub......says 2 gang Torpedo Automatic SACHS.
Apparently once you go about 10 mph it switches gears.
m0uh2.jpg

2q2pxsk.jpg
ogiclt.jpg

Markm said:
looks like a Murray frame....neat rear hub!!!
does it work??
looks like it does ..I've never seen anything like it..It rattles like a BMX freewheel....Cant wait to ride the rims

The frame is definitely a Murray with the pointed dropouts and the oval cutout chainring.

Unchained said:
The frame is definitely a Murray with the pointed dropouts and the oval cutout chainring.
Question.. does higgins make rear pointed dropouts??? I think it may be a higgins flightliner???look at this that attached bracket in the mid section for the rear rack.........what do you think???heres a few pics
nb9hfk.jpg

and fork weldings seem like higgins....take a look...
bl74z.jpg

Latest posts

Back