Foybles-Illinois: Junior Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just goofing around on the interweb I stumbled on this great site. In honor of finding Rat Rod Bikes I have decided to make, what else, a RRB.
First a little about me. I am a gearhead in all senses of the word. I manage a hardware store and am always tinkering with whatever my customers bring me. I have recently started to sell some really crazy lowrider bikes at the store and started getting crazy ideas about ways to rod out a bike of my very own. I look forward to goofing up and learning. If I can offer any assistance I will (I am sure I'll be asking more questions than I'll be answering).

Here are a couple of pics of my latest acquisition. It's a fairly simple "Chwinn"-Made in China. I bought it from a charity here in Chicago called the Working Bikes Coop. They restore bikes to working order and send them all over the world. They support the program by selling parts and bikes. They have some very old and rare finds. But you have to $$pay$$ for them. This one was $40 and it goes to charity so I felt pretty good about it.

RRBBuild1001.jpg

RRBBuild1002.jpg

Welcome to the site, sometimes goofing up brings out the best ideas you never would have thought of. :wink:

Welcome! We look for new ideas here, so fire away.

Welcome to Ratdom..... "Chwinn"- great name for what the new ones are....maybe Chwinna :mrgreen:

Timbo said:
Hey Ho and welcome, sometimes the greatest mistakes have been the greatest creations...think penicillin but rat rod style!

I wish my bike could save as many lives. I guess I'll have to do it one bike at a time.

Back