Frame and Wheel Size

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if the frame is the same for a '66 Girls Schwinn 24" and 26" cruiser bike? Is the difference just the wheel size? Forks? Frame?
I have a '66 girls frame from a 26" bike but want to put a 24" bike together for my daughter.

the rear chain stays will be longer on the 26 " but u can still put 24 " rims on there will just be extra clearance in the fender to the wheel itself if it has fenders , and the same for the front fork the clearance of front fender will, be off the front rim it will look like it has a lift kit : ) and actually the seat tube on a 26 will be taller typically , but if your daughter can fit over the height there is no machanical reason why u cant put smaller rims on the larger frame . just not larger on smaller. hope this will help u .

The pedals will ride lower to the ground, she will probably contact the ground with her pedal as she leans into a turn. Unless you had shorter cranks on the 26" bike.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Does anyone know how you can tell if a '66 girls schwinn frame is 26" or 24". Where do you measure from and what that dimention might be?
I would like to be sure of the frame size I have before I start buying parts.

Latest posts

Back