Frame Set and Cruiser Seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Just picked up this brazed on no name straight bar frame with bmx and bars and also picked up this awesome RBR saddle. Also going back to pick up this ELF 20 mini and a Diamond Back 24 bmx cruiser (haven't seen yet). Oh and a freebee Araya 7x 20" with Suzue sealed bearing hub with a brand new Kenda tire on it.
RBR Saddle for $40...

Kool no name brazed on straight bar cruiser frame with bmx forks and bars $20... Need help to ID this frame.. PLEASE.!!!

Bmx 20" ELF mini that I'm going back to pick up and also a bmx 24" Diamond Back Cruiser (no pic).

Freebee 20" Araya 7x wheel with a Suzue sealed bearing hub with a brand new Kenda tire on it.. Bad thing about it is the spokes are rusty.

Robertk said:
Trailmate or Emory?
I don't know what it is.. Know one can't figure it out and can't tell me what year it is either.. Do you know any kind of info on this frame or year it is.???

That is a Worksman, I believe. I have a Worksman frame just like it and I thought they had just put the rear dropouts on upside down. I estimate that mine is mid-70s to early 80s.
I do need a set of forks like that if you are willing to part with them.

I think it's a Worksman frame also. The big kind I like. Emory didn't use those dropouts facing rearward. Is there a serial number?

Here it is:
By looking at your frame compaired to mine there are some different things that I noticed that are not the same.
1. Seat post clamp on yours look to be integraded to the seat post down tube.. or just hard to see if its a clamp by it self.
2. Top straight tube on your frame has a bend compaired to mine is straight from head tube to the rear seat tube.
3. Bottom straight tube is closer to the rear seat post tube where mine has quit a bit seperation between both upper and bottom straight bars..
I see it could be that your frame might be newer than mine but yet to be able to determain the year of my frame still to this day..
I have a couple of forks like the one's on my cruiser but I need to find out what's the lenght of the head tube on your cruiser to see if I have the right one for your application.?
Nice frame by the way.!!

I thought so too but the rear drop outs are different.. But that may not mean anything..
Thanks "deorman" for the reply..
Maybe the older M2600 drop outs were bent like that. I have a newer M2600 and the dropouts are like those on the IMB.....

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of minor differences in Worksman's frames over the years. Here are 2 similar, but different older INBs:

I have also seen seatpost clamps welded on, removable, and one piece with the top frame joint.

Last edited:
Worksman at some point also straightened the down tube, it now really has only one bend and is almost straight:

Here is a new (2009) frame (with 80's headbadge decal):

Whereas older frames the downtube has more of an "S" shape (which I happen to like better):

-Sorry, did not mean to make this a Worksman thread.

Last edited:
By looking at your frame compaired to mine ...
Nice frame by the way.!!

Thanks, I haven't decided what to do with this one. I am building the other yellow one as an all original semi-beater to take my crabpot to & from the Chesapeake Bay beach.

I want a worksman with the horizontal track ends soooooo badly. All oif mine have the diagonal track ends. I don't have any old ones, though. Mine are all pretty recent, I think.

I want a worksman with the horizontal track ends soooooo badly. All oif mine have the diagonal track ends. I don't have any old ones, though. Mine are all pretty recent, I think.
I might consider selling the "Tijuana Grave Robber" if the price is right.. It has the track ends that you SOOOO BADLY want.. Food for thought..

Latest posts

Back