Franken Tandem gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most franken tandems are junky creations.Not this one. Well built and surely a lot went in to equipping it. I think I've seen it in person before. Yowza.

Schwinn Whizzer tandem. $15k.

Schwinn.Whizzer.franken.tandem.jpg

seen on Dubuque fbm.
bent fork. No idea what the source bikes were.
Lots of brazing on this one.
Asking price is $100. The front hub is worth more than that. And cool sprockets.

franken.tandem.dubuque.angle.image.jpg

franken.tandem.dubuque.sidephoto.jpg

Looking for a photo of what may be the first ever franken tandem. Built by Orville & Wilbur Wright in the early 1890s, maybe in Dayton Ohio when they had a bike shop from 1992 -1993. Made out of 2 high wheelers. Mentioned in a book I'm reading. I'd like to find the photographic proof.

Snowblower powered franken tandem trike.

I like how the pedals are still connected so the riders can pretend they are pedaling in sync.

Looks like the yellow rope is tied to the clutch. And I see a wire running along 1 chain stay so that may be connected to the carb. You would have to stop and dismount to change gears. Ooh, and I'll bet it has reverse. I have a similar snowblower, top speed is a normal walking pace.

snowblower.tandem.1.jpg

snowblower.tandem.2.jpg
snowblower.tandem.3.jpg

Last edited:
Roadmaster Mt Fury Mt Fury. Double Fury. Double Mts. Grand Tetons? Good thing there is no drive chain. Someone might get hurt.

Roadmaster.franken.tandem.1.jpg
Roadmaster.franken.tandem.2.jpg

Latest posts

Back